Art & Collections Insurance
Regardless of the motivation for collecting artwork, whether it is a passion for art or a means of investing for the future, the need to secure the collection from any risk is the same. Understanding that for each collector his objects are unique, the art & collections insurance has been created to provide coverage to collectibles of all kinds, in order to satisfy even the most demanding collectors of works of art and objects.
Moreover, securing and growing a private collection is something that concerns all collectors, regardless of the object of the collection and their motivation. For those who are engaged in the collection of objects and works of art, they are given the opportunity to insure their objects against possible dangers.
Indicative coverage in art & collections insurance:
- Fire of any cause
- Natural phenomena
- Theft – robbery
- Terrorist act/ malicious acts/ vandalism
- Accidental damage
- Damage during transfer
- Damages during exhibiting the artwork/ object
- Replacement of set
Pieces of private collections – artwork that can be insured
- Bags (personal & travel)
- Precious metal objects
- Golden items (excluding jewelery)
- Crystal items
- Drinks (wines etc.)
- Electronic – electrical – digital objects
- Other valuable items
- Images (hagiographies)
- Indoor engravings
- Fragile objects
- Interior works of art
- Outdoor works of art
- Antique furniture
- Antique vehicles (cars – motorcycles)
- Collectible weapons
To whom it may concern:
Collection insurance is addressed to individuals who own private collections, exhibitors, art galleries, art shops, antique shops, museums, art clubs, etc, regardless of the subject matter of the collection.
Private collection & artwork insurance benefits:
- Collection insurance with high value, regardless of the type of collection
- Coverage against all risks
- Ability to survey collection to determine insurance value
- Insurance at agreed values
- Possibility of global coverage of the collection, even when transported to other exhibition spaces beyond the permanent place (between residences, on a boat, in exhibitions – museums, etc.)
- Valuation of the purchase value of the collection
- Adjustment of the current commercial value of artwork in case of death of the artist
- Automatic insurance of newly acquired items
Where a work of art can be insured:
The works of art can be insured whether they are placed at home, at work (office), or on a boat as well as they can be insured when they are on display inside and outside Greece – in a museum – in a room
How the Art & Collections Insurance premium is calculated:
The premium for collection insurance depends on the total value of the collection, the premises where the collection is housed (ie home – museum – art boutique etc), the type of the collection, the total number of the collectible objects among other parameters such as: the material of the objects (ie glass – marble etc), the age, the fragility, the security measures and the history of damages.
Combination of collection insurance – Home insurance
You can combine the insurance of your art and collection against risks, in addition to the full insurance of your home.
Learn more about Home Insurance.