Undoubtedly, health is the most important thing in our lives, regardless of our financial capacity. A lot of people consider private health insurance privilege only for a few people with financial comfort own, however, this is not a true impression.
Coverage of health through private health insurance plans concerns more and more of our fellow beings since many are those who ask us to privately cover the health of themselves and their loved ones. This fact is confirmed by the statistics published by the Association of Insurance Companies of Greece.
While the public health system has excellent doctors, it is proving daily that it lags behind in facilities, organization, nursing staff, decent hospital conditions, risk of hospital infections, lack of medical supplies, delayed admission to hospital or even effective treatment of an emergency incident, either for adults or for children as well. As a result, people are turning to private insurance.
Another reason for people turning to private insurance is the appearance of the Coronavirus – COVID 19. According to EODY guidelines, the Coronavirus – COVID 19 cases are treated mainly in public hospitals. Thus, if someone gets sick for another cause (besides COVID19) or needs medical treatment by accident, treatment in a private hospital is safer and faster. Also in the case of planned surgery in a private hospital, the service is faster and safer, as long as there are no cases of Coronavirus – COVID19.
Through study and planning, always according to your needs and financial capabilities, we can take advantage of the existence of your public insurance fund, if there is any, and combine it with a private health insurance contract. This way, you upgrade the benefits given to you by the public insurance body and you have coverage in case of hospitalization in private hospitals in Greece and abroad.
At Delta Insurance Consultants, we cooperate with most insurance companies in Greece and abroad. Thus, we can propose the appropriate health insurance policy for each of our clients, depending on their needs. This way, everyone can have access to private hospitals in case of need, so that is not a privilege for a few.
Indicative coverage of health insurance plans:
- Hospitalization expenses in private – semi private room
- Coverage in Greece and abroad
- Doctor, surgeon, anesthesiologist fees
- Plastic surgeon fees, following surgery or accident
- Cost of surgery without overnight stay (O.D.C – O. D. S)
- Coverage for emergency incidents 24 hours a day
- Cost for transporting the patient to and from hospital with any means of transport
- Cost for diagnostic tests within a hospital
- Before and after hospitalization expenses cover
- Exclusive nurse expenses (adult expenses in case of children hospitalization)
- Coverage of childbirth
- Coverage for chemotherapy/radiotherapy/ immunotherapy
- Transplant costs
- Costs of rehabilitation/ recovery
- Reimbursement in case of hospitalization – surgery – childbirth
- Bonus for use of a primary insurance institution (state insurance institution)
- Coverage for accidents
- Costs for physiotherapy
- Coverage for alternative medicine- speech and language therapy- acupuncture
- Psychological support costs
- Second medical opinion costs
- Payment of health insurance premiums in case of disability
- In-Home Medical Services after hospitalization
- Legal costs
- Annual Check up
- Endoscopic examination costs
- Coverage of congenital ailments / pre-existing diseases
- Coverage duration, lifetime or annual
Everyone can have private health insurance, guaranteeing decent hospitalization, quick and effective ways of dealing with health problems in private hospitals, depending on their needs and financial abilities.
The plans for inpatient treatment start from 50.000€ and can overcome 2.550.000€, depending on the chosen policy.
There are insurance companies that provide health insurance plans and can cover people who have history of serious health conditions, or are facing health problems.
There are mainly three types of health insurance contracts, lifetime health insurance contracts, annual health contracts and annual health insurance contracts with guaranteed terms.
- Lifetime contracts usually provide expenses coverage per incident, the terms of the policy cannot be amended since the contract has been issued and usually their premium is significantly higher on their annual anniversary.
- Annual contracts usually provide expenses coverage per year, they have more modern coverages than the lifetime contracts, they maintain lower premium on the annual anniversary and the terms might be amended for the insured people in total.
- The annual contracts with guaranteed terms is a blend of the above
Can someone have a private health insurance policy that is in cooperation with his group insurance policy from his work?
There are health insurance policies, with big deductibles (excess or participation in hospital costs) which have been created to function as an extension of group contracts, additionally. Thus, someone can take full advantage of the coverage provided through a group insurance policy, at a very low cost.
The fees are based on age, profession, hobbies, health condition, weight, health history of the insured and whether they are taking any medication etc.
Indicatively annual premium:
- 20 years old from 536€
- 30 years old from 606€
- 40 years old from 775€
- 50 years old from 1.025€
(The premium calculations are referred to PLEONEKTIKO program from Ethinki Insurance)
Indicatively annual premium:
- 20 years old from 302€
- 30 years old from 337€
- 40 years old from 458€
- 50 years old from 727€
- 60 years old from 1.222€
(The premium calculations are referred to Full program from Ethniki Insurance)
There are private health insurance options for people over the age of 65, regardless of whether there is public insurance or not. Indicatively Insurance companies such as Ethniki Insurance – Metlife – Groupama, with insurance premiums starting from € 1,600 / year (Metlife – Healthnet B hospitalization position € 500 excess)
It is possible to insure hospitalisation only for accidents. This insurance covers the insured for treatment and emergencies only from accidents. Indicatively for someone 25 years old, the insurance premium starts from 80 €/ year (The pricing concerns Interamerican Be-well – Hospitalization only by accident).
The waiting period is the period of time that the insured must wait to be covered for specific illnesses or diseases. The waiting period begins with the payment of the first installment of the premium.
The amount of deductible or excess, refers to the amount of money that the insured is required to pay in case of his/ her hospitalization, if has been selected.
In the case of family health insurance, family programs with special discounts have been created. In this case a family contract is issued that covers all members of the family.
For those who do not want health insurance compromises and want international health coverage, there is a choice of International Health Insurance plans.
At Delta Insurance Consultants we cooperate with most of the largest international health insurance companies such as:
- Bupa health insurance
- AXA Global Health Insurance
- Aetna Global health insurance
- Cigna Global Health health insurance
- ALC health insurance
- Allianz global health insurance
For more information click here