Home Insurance


For many people, owning a home, creating and housing their family and belongings is a lifelong dream.
Whether someone buys a house with their own equity or with a loan, it is essential to protect their property from potential risks with Home Insurance.

At Delta Insurance Consultants, we can properly and immediately insure your home and your belongings, according to your needs and your financial abilities. Whether you just want to cover your loan, or you want to fully cover your property, we can assist you.

Moreover, we have the ability to issue a contract for home insurance in any part of Greece, even on the same day, provided that the house fulfills the insurance specifications.

Indicative cover offered for home insurance:

  • Fire – lightning
  • Damage from fire extinguishing
  • Earthquake – building & content
  • Theft
  • Damage from theft
  • Robbery
  • Flood – storm
  • Smoke
  • Snow – hail- ice
  • Shattered glass and mirrors
  • Cost prevention – damage control
  • Expenses for rehousing after insured damage occurs
  • Loss of rent (for landlords)
  • Terrorist attacks – malicious act
  • Fallen objects from aircraft or fall of aircraft
  • Fall of trees – lamppost
  • Vehicle crash
  • Underinsurance

What is the premium for home insurance?

The premium for home insurance varies from company to company as well as the coverage provided in a policy. Premiums are mainly calculated on the basis of the capital to be insured (the construction value of the building or the borrowing capital) and on the basis of the desired coverages.

  • Indicative insurance premium for full coverage of a building with a value of € 100,000 and content of € 50,000 (with earthquake coverage) for a house of 100 m2, in Attica, starts from € 162 / year. (premium calculated with Interasco Home Protection 1 program)
  • Indicative insurance premium to cover a main residence with a bank loan which owners want the most economical insurance, with the basic coverage required by the bank, for 80m2 and capital of 80,000 €, starting from 88 € / year. (premium calculated with Groupama eco64 program)

Can someone only insure the contents of their home?

It is not compulsory to insure the building in order to insure the contents of a home. Consequently, if someone wishes to insure only the contents, they can purchase only that cover.

Can someone insure a holiday home?

It is possible to insure the holiday home, even without insurance in the main house. The cost of building and content insurance of a holiday home 70 m2 (building € 70,000 & content € 30,000 value), starts from € 120 / year (premium calculated with the Groupama Eco 65 program)

Get a quote for your home by clicking here or contact us here 

For the most demanding owners of luxury homes, for collectors of rare collections and valuable items, who want to have full coverage of their home without compromise, at Delta Insurance Consultants, we have created for you the Premium coverage category for your home, through cooperation with large and reliable insurance companies in Greece and abroad.

Beyond the basic coverage such as: fire – flood – explosion – lightning – smoke – terrorist actions – natural phenomena – building and content earthquake, an owner can cover the following:

  • Ability to pick up high-value housing·
  • Collection – jewelry – artwork insurance
  • Content Theft – Theft Damage
  • Possibility of pre-insurance inspection for exact insurance values
  • Covering the surrounding area and the garden
  • Relocation, removal, temporary residency and resettlement expenses
  • Losses when removing the insured content after an insured risk
  • Coverage of losses during the relocation after insured risk
  • Automatic coverage of newly acquired objects
  • Coverage of personal household items, visitors, relatives who need care
  • Accident coverage for home helpers
  • Covering business equipment inside a home
  • Coverage of house conversion costs after permanent the incapacity of the insured person or family member
  • Short circuit
  • Fall of aircraft or objects from them
  • Third party malicious acts
  • Breaking – Overflow – Leakage of pipelines or water, heating, air conditioning and drainage facilities
  • Damage to/ from shared pipelines or installations
  • Architect, engineer, public authorities reimbursement fees·
  • Coverage of outdoor facilities (swimming pools, courtyards, fencing, auxiliary buildings, etc.)
  • Upgrading home security measures after theft
  • Covering plants and trees
  • Garden machinery cover
  • Damage from pets
  • Loss of documents
  • Glass breakage, crystals, oxidation of mirrors
  • Electrical/ electronic equipment coverage
  • Third Party Liability for Material Damage/ Physical Damage
  • Hygienic cover
  •  Accidental Damage Coverage
  •  Coverage against any risk
  •  Coverage of psychological support expenses after covered risk
  •  Bicycle theft from enclosed space
  • Illegal use of credit card in case of theft
  • Covering of food in a refrigerator after a power failure due to a covered hazard or a sudden interruption by the power provider
  • Pet insurance after a covered risk
  • Under-protection (welfare)
  • Costs of a notary after the coming of a covered risk
  • Loss of rent
  • Sedimentation, landslide, elevation of the soil
  • A mortgage loan installment
  • Legal protection
  • Expenses for waste disposal due to damage
  • Covering non-residential items (eg garden furniture, gardening equipment, etc.)

Contact us for more information regarding your home insurance