Aetna Global Health Insurance
Aetna Global Health Insurance is an American healthcare company that provides health insurance services and related services such as hospital care, pharmaceutical care, dental care, mental health / psychiatric coverage, long-term care and disability plans. Individuals or corporates that want to insure their employees worldwide can access insurance plans. As of November 28, 2018, the company is a subsidiary of CVS Health.
The company’s network includes 22.1 million medical members, 12.7 million dentists, 1.2 million health professionals, more than 690,000 doctors and primary care professionals and more than 5,700 hospitals.
Aetna offers the insured a fairly high coverage limit (up to € 4,000,000), depending on the program of choice. In addition, it provides full coverage for diseases such as cancer, as well as tertiary care involving rehabilitation, psychiatric or psychological support. Moreover, it covers to some extent care for people diagnosed with HIV or AIDS, and covers organ transplants.
Also, Aetna enables small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) to be insured through a group insurance plan covering all their employees, even without a medical history check (MHD). Finally, Aetna offers the insured dental treatment and the cost of transporting a body in case of death outside the country of origin or even the costs of burial.
- Hospital expenses up to 4.000.000€
- Doctor fees
- Surgeons/ consultants fees
- Cash benefit for each night when in-patient
- Parent accommodation charges while a child is in hospital
- Psychiatric treatment
- Single room
- Direct billing to hospitals
- Cancer cover
- Palliative care
- 24/7 service in many languages
- External prosthesis (limb)
- Optical care
- Medical practitioner or nurse
- Chinese herbal medicine
- CT/ MRI / PET scans
- Chronic cover
- Pregnancy cover (maternity) paid in full
- HIV/ AIDS cover
- Emergency treatment
- Dental treatment
- Health check
- Disability compensation cover
- Virtual doctor service
- Congenital abnormalities
Excess amount (deductible) choices:
The available deductible (excess) choices that an insured may have with Aetna Global Health Insurance can be either: 0€ , 800€, 1.600€, 3.200€, 6.400€. Also, the outpatient option may have participation: 0%, 10% max 1.600€, 20% max 3.200€ and 30% max 4.000€.
Aetna offers to individuals & families:
- Instructions before the trip to help you on your next move
- Access to the Aetna clinic team
- Service 24/7, by phone or email
- Simple way to pay premiums online
Aetna offers group insurance to employers and corporates:
- Complete health care for company employees
- Flexible choice of health insurance plans
- Possibility of small business insurance
- International Employee Coverage
For those who are already insured directly with Aetna Global, we have the option to undertake the service of your contract, upon permission of the insurance company, without extra cost.