If someone intends to invest money targeting to increase capital, there are mainly three (3) ways in which can invest. The first is through the Stock Exchange, which requires personal involvement and knowledge of the subject. The second is capital investment through a bank and the third through an insurance investment plan. The flexibility offered by an insurance company is greater than that offered by the banks, because the ¨products¨ given through an insurance company are usually based on life insurance. Investment Plans for individuals are a basic need of people who want to accumulate capital.
Depending on the profile of the potential investor and the funds available for investment, we can study and propose an investment plan, according to the needs and capabilities of each interested party.
Investment plans for individuals, in contrast to savings, because it contains the risk factor (investment risk), allows for higher returns and profits compared to simple savings. Depending on the investment profile of the potential investor, the flexibility of choosing the investment is given. For someone who can tolerate the risk, the choice is given to invest with a higher risk, and therefore with a higher return, as for a not so aggressive investor, the possibility of investing with lower risk is also given.
In addition, the investor may, if he wishes, invest his money in investments of different risk, investing one capital in a high-risk investment and a second in a lower-risk investment, thus achieving a better risk spread and consequently his investment.
Stages of investment planning
- Analysis of the investment profile of the prospective investor – analysis of investment needs.
At this stage, through a discussion with the prospective investor, we create the investment profile, analyze the time horizon of the investment and the amount of investment desired.
- Study the results of the first stage.
The second step is the analysis of the results of the investment profile and the categorization of the investor, on the basis of which the investment proposal will be made.
- Presentation of the analysis of the investment proposal to the prospective investor.
The third step is the presentation and analysis of the investment study, analysis of policy terms, calculation of invested capital at the maturity of the investment and possible early liquidations.
- Acceptance of an investment proposal by the investor.
At this stage, the applicant for investment accepts the proposal and sends the investment application to the insurance company we have chosen.
- Acceptance – Issue of policy.
At this stage, the company we have chosen to invest our money is processing the investment request and may ask for additional financial information for the prospective customer.
- Issue of a policy – Commencement of the investment plan.
In this step, the Company accepts the application and issues a policy. Then the prospective investor will have to pay the installment of the money (premiums) agreed, lump-sum or fractional.
- Investment control.
After the policy is issued, the investment is systematically checked. Additionally, the investor may change if he wishes his investment plan and change strategy or even if he wishes to liquidate part of the investment if deemed necessary.
Characteristics of Investment Plans for individuals:
- Long run high return rates
- Possibility to extend the investment, even after the expiration of the insurance policy
- Flexibility of contract extension by changing the contractor (insurance of children)
- Possibility of early redemption
- Partial redemption before maturity
- Option to disperse investment either locally or in global markets
- Ability to monitor the investment
- Flexibility to change investment strategy
- Option to continue investment in case of disability for work
- Possibility of extra payments at any time, thus achieving maximization of the investment
Investment Plans Advantages
- Flexibility in how to disperse the investment
- Clear investment procedures
- Possibility to change investment strategy
- Monitoring the progress of the investment
- An investment plan exclusively for you
- Possibility for either lumpsum payment investment or for periodic payment investment
Furthermore, there are investment plans that offer a guaranteed percentage of the invested capital, promising the investor that there is no case for his investment at any time to fall below the initial investment capital he has invested. Such investment plans are usually a lumpsum payment and not a periodic payment.
At Delta Insurance Consultants we can examine your investment profile and according to your available investment capital, we are able to suggest the appropriate investment plan based on your investment goals.